Dog show on both days — by popular demand
Dozens of pets are expected to enter the dog show classes being run, by popular demand, on both days of the show, Saturday June 24 and Sunday June 25, this year.
Entry will be on the day, from 10am, at the secretary's tent beside the Orchard Arena at the show ground in School Road, Hurst RG10 0DR.
Please register at least 15 minutes before the class starts.
Classes are £2 a dog. There are trophies, rosettes and great prizes to be won!
Hurst Show committee member Chantal Roberts said: "Doggy tails are definitely wagging faster and shiny noses are being held that bit higher in Hurst and the surrounding areas, at the prospect of this year's dog show.
"There was great support for the dog show last year. Owners have told us they, and their dogs, are keen to get back in the show ring this year.
"The show is aimed at family pets and for everyone to have fun. Many of the classes include trophies for the winners."
Dog show rules and regulations appear below.
13:00 - 14:30
13:00 - 13:20 Best Puppy
13:20 - 13:40 Golden Oldie
13:40 - 13:30 Best Rescue
14:00 - 13:15 Best Hurst Village Dog (Saturday)
14:15 - 14:30 Best Tricks (judged by the crowd)
15:00 - 16:30
15:15 - 15:45 Prettiest Bitch (Saturday)
15:45 - 16:15 Most Handsome Dog (Saturday)
13:30 - 14:30
13:30 - 14:00 Prettiest Bitch (Sunday)
14:00 - 14:30 Most Handsome Dog (Sunday)
15:00 - 16:30
15.00 - 15:20 Best Hurst Village Dog (Sunday) 15:20 - 15:40 Best Hurst Village Dog (overall winner)
15:40 - 16:00 Best in show - overall winner
The dog show is grateful to sponsors, Oscar Pet Foods Bracknell, for providing rosettes and prizes in all classes.
- No person shall carry out punitive or harsh handling of a dog at the event
- Puppies under 3 months should not be brought to the event
- Puppies under 3 months may not enter the event
- Bitches in season are not allowed at the event
- No dog is allowed to enter if:-
- Suffering from infectious or contagious diseases
- A danger to the safety of any person or animal
- Likely to cause suffering to the dog
- The organiser(s) reserve the right to make any alterations they deem necessary in the event of unforeseen circumstances
- All dogs enter the event at their own risk and whilst every care will be taken, the show organiser(s) cannot accept responsibility for damage, injury, or loss however caused to dogs, persons or property whilst at the event
- All owners must clear up after their dogs. Anyone failing to do so will be asked to leave the venue. Poop Scoop bags will be available in the admin tent